Thursday, July 21, 2011

Rock My World. Part 3

 I quite like this knarly sit spot---just because it is so funky.
I didn't sit there much
because green bushes block the view of the waves crashing on the boulders beneath. 
Still......a very picturesque spot
That's where I tucked the grateful rock.
Last check:   Still there!
 Peace got planted on a much frequented bench with a great view
It must have found a new home in a flash, as it was gone next time I walked by
(Do you see the shadow of my hand?)
There is a nature sanctuary that I call The Secret Garden
It has a fun tip-tap-clip-clop wooden path through high bushes and marsh land
I feel totally separated from the motorized world
as I listen to the birds
I think it is the love rock that I stuck into the niche on this bridge
Still there!
(though someone turned it over once)

Funny story about the funky bench pictured at the top. 
I just couldn't wait to get the purple-ing done! 
As a trial run early in the week, I put a natural colored rock on that log bench with "Enjoy!" written in gold. 
I happened to be nearby when an older lady approached. 
I held my breath, wondering.....what will she do when she finds the rock? 
I watched to find out. 
She plopped down---sitting right on top of it---without even noticing. 
I chuckled as a thought whooshed through my mind:  Remember the story of The Princess and the Pea...she is not the princess!

2 comments:

  1. The "hide and watch what happens" feeling reminds me of leaving treats on the doorstep. Oh so fun and thrilling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fun idea! I am sure there are stories that will continue with the purple rocks found on the Oregon Coast.

    ReplyDelete