Sunday, February 5, 2012

Fond farewell. . . .Bag it!

I get attached to the most interesting physical objects
Like this bag
I love the grandkid pics (though out of date) and the sentiment:

I'm a Grandma
Life is Sweet

Candice and Dean gave the bag to me years ago
and I have loved it
It has a lot of miles on it
It's been my companion to and from work for more than half a decade
It has carried a tonnage of books, files, lunches
and my constant companion
the big-little black book.....my school calendar

Look at those adorable kiddos
Kyrick was just a baby
And now he's in kindergarten!


Time to retire the sentimental red bag
Sigh
Bring on the spring flowers
and new adventures

What items do you get sentimental about?




1 comment:

  1. I get sentimental about pieces of jewelry. Who gave them to me, where they've been. It also took nearly everything in me to throw away my tennis shoes that I wore to macchu picchu.

    ReplyDelete