Thursday, July 12, 2012

Memory Lane....Hanky Babies

I had totally forgotten about this activity that my mom used to do with me
(maybe to keep me quiet in church)

When we got some some hankies and scarves out for play with the grandkids
I remembered
(I wonder if I ever did this for my own children)

To entertain me, my mom would 
fold her hanky in half like a triangle
roll up the two opposite ends into "babies"
pull the unrolled ends up at the "head" and "foot" of the baby rolls
Then I'd rock my babies


Here kids....babies for everyone!



If you pull too hard
your babies will disappear


Then we 
tossed
danced


smoothed



imagined


and collected
Kaitlyn  soon had layers and layers in her collection
and everyone else was in short supply!

Has anyone these days even heard of a hanky?
Did your mom ever make you some twins in a cradle with a hanky?

3 comments:

  1. My mom showed us that when I was little. And.....in college my roommate taught me how to roll a kitchen towel into a chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A chicken!....Oh, you need to show me how to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always made those hankie cradles in church! I'm interested in a chicken tutorial! Please share!
    Jolene

    ReplyDelete