Friday, December 31, 2010

My resolution is to nurture



New year . . . . hm-m-m-m-m, a good time to take a deep breath and look ahead.

I declare this a Year Of Nurture!


I love the concept of being kind to ourselves . . . . . it seems so right. . . . like how the Savior would want us to act towards ourselves. There is plenty of harshness and trickiness in living in this ole world. I can get through the pressures of life so much better when I remember to ease up and offer courtesy to myself. The cool thing I've noticed is that there is a ripple effect. When I'm being generous of spirit to myself, I treat others with more patience, too.


I've blown it enough time to see the difference. I vote "Nurture."


Last night I started a Nurture brainstorm. I thought, I wonder how long it will take for me to list 100 ways I'd like to nurture myself. Not that long, folks. And I just might keep going.


But for now, I've put my list in a page here. Since this is my first time of creating a "page", I'm not sure how it's going to show up. I think when I click the "home" button, it might be there.


Won't it be interesting to find out.


So, what would you put on your Nurture List?

2 comments:

  1. My word of the year for 2011 is "Rejoice"(see this post on one of my favorite blogs to read; http://sherriejohnson.blogspot.com/2010/12/its-word-of-year-time.html) .
    I like focusing on a WORD lots better than making a list of resolutions.
    Nurture is an awesome word. I guess my 40 things list is pretty much a Nurture List.
    Happy New Year.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My word last year was "Prepared". I'm happy to report that in many ways and in many things I DID become more "prepared".

    Haven't decided on a word for this year yet, but I'm sure I'll share when I do. :)

    ReplyDelete